- Over the last 25 years Barclay Knapp and his colleagues developed five consecutive communications industry start-ups which not only became industry leaders, but also in hindsight represented some of the best individual capital investment vehicles ever in their respective industry sectors.
- Further, the sectors that Knapp's companies revolutionized represented the seminal hyper-growth service industries over that same period: cellular mobile telephony, cable/multi-channel television, competitive local exchange & long distance telephony, and broadband Internet access services.
- The team has strong experience in global transactions of all types and sizes: early stage, growth, mergers and acquisitions, and restructurings.
- Growth financing, debt and equity: $12 billion
- Mergers and acquisitions: $31 billion
- Restructuring transactions: $11 billion
- The team has worked with the following leading institutions on various transactions: Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase, APAX Partners, Merrill Lynch, DLJ, and CSFB.
- Strong US and European transaction and business development experience with proven capabilities in operations, start-up, R&D, product development, M&A, restructuring/turnaround, and private equity.
- $47 billion in equity value creation
- $12 billion in growth financing, debt and equity
- $31 billion in mergers and acquisitions
- $11 billion in restructuring transactions
- 15.7 million customers
- $6.7 billion in recurring service revenues
- 24,000 jobs created
- 63 public market or large commercial bank financings totaling $20 billion